Sunday 27 April 2014

Review: Bad For You (Sea Breeze #7) by Abbi Glines

18895846Title: Bad for You
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 218
Release Date: April 1st 2014
Series: Sea Breeze #7
Where I Got It: Amazon.com

Synopsis: Innocence was never meant for the addictive…

Addiction was something Krit Corbin accepted as part of his nature a long time ago. He decided to embrace it and flip his finger at the rules. Women had always been the number one thing on his list of addictions. He couldn’t get enough. Being the lead singer in a rock band had only made access to his favorite addiction that much easier.

Being alone was the only thing Blythe Denton understood. The small town minister’s family that raised her hadn’t accepted her as their own. The minister’s wife had always made sure Blythe understood just how unworthy she was of love. When Blythe is sent away to college and given a chance to finally be free of living as an unwanted burden, she looks forward to having peace in her life. Being alone isn’t something that bothers her. She escapes reality in the stories she writes.

However, the ridiculously sexy tattooed guy who keeps throwing parties in the apartment above hers is driving her crazy. For starters, he doesn’t treat her like she would expect a guy with a different woman always hanging on his arm to treat someone as uninteresting as her. She looks nothing like the gorgeous women she sees parading in and out of his apartment, but for some strange reason he keeps showing up at her door.

During a party at his apartment, Krit’s new neighbor comes to the door with her long brown hair pulled up in a messy knot and a pair of glasses perched on her cute little nose. She wants him to turn down the music, but he convinces her to stay.

Krit Corbin may have just found his biggest addiction yet. And Blythe Denton realizes too late that she’s finally been claimed.

Abbi Glines
Abbi GlinesSince publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her most popular series to date, Rosemary Beach which includes The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, Forever Too Far, Twisted Perfection and Simple Perfection. Her newest book scheduled to be released on December 17th, 2013 is Misbehaving (Seabreeze).

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.

Review

I read this book on April 21st 2014.


Krit is seriously the baddest boy and I absolutely love it! You fans of Abbi out there, prepare yourselves for the ultimate bad boy!

I thought I knew bad boy - Cage - until Krit sauntered in! Oh my, he is something else! He was everything I look for in a guy! Hot, pierced (extra hot), tattoos (even hotter), caring, fun, lovable, and well, the list just keeps going!

Blythe was one of my favourite characters Abbi has ever written. She was so innocent, yet not idiotically so, she cares for Krit, she always does her best. The one thing I didn't like was how she thought she wasn't beautiful at all - but can I really blame her? From what I'd read, the mother she grew up with was like a personal hell for her. And I felt really sorry for her because, somehow, she survived all the abuse. But I'm glad she did cause now she has a hot man!

Krit and Blythe's story was one of my absolute favourites! Obviously, they did break up at some point (isn't that how it always is in romance books?) but I was glad! It wasn't a break-up, more of a break and I liked how Blythe could be independent to do this. They're break-up reason was perfectly reasonable - and really, I'd be angry if they didn't take a break after that.

The story line was paced at a good, read-able pace, and honestly, I couldn't put the story down for three seconds. I started it at 11:30PM and that was a mistake. I was up until 3:00AM until I finished and fell in love all over again. Really, I wish I could just re-read it without remembering what happens.

I recommend this book to Abbi fans and readers who adore those bad boys!
Ages: 17+
Grades: 12 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment