Monday 31 March 2014

eARC Review: Switched by Cassie Mae

18166750Title: Switched
Author: Cassie Mae
Publisher: Random House
Pages: 259
Release Date: December 2nd 2013
Series: -
Where I Got It: NetGalley

Synopsis: Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.

Cassie Mae
Cassie Mae
Cassie Mae (sometimes writes as Becca Ann ;)) is a nerd to the core from Utah, who likes to write about other nerds who find love. Her angel children and perfect husband fan her and feed her grapes while she clacks away on the keyboard. Then she wakes up from that dream world and manages to get a few words on the computer while the house explodes around her. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with the youth in her community as a volleyball and basketball coach, or searching the house desperately for chocolate.


Review

I read this book on March 29th 2014.



This book can be described in one word for me: adorable!

Advanced copy provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.

I actually loved reading this! I thought that maybe I might think it was okay, maybe three stars, but I actually throughly enjoyed reading the book! I actually had a hard time putting it down, because I honestly didn't want to, not once. This book had my stomach doing flips and, WOW, was Wesley swoon-worthy. Then that scene with "I Never"? Oh my gosh, it made me want Wesley so bad, why do I always fall for the guys in books?

Kayla liked Talon, Talon liked Raegan, Raegan liked Talon, Wesley liked Raegan. This made me sort of angry. I mean, what's wrong with Kayla? Why do the guys all like Raegan? I think this is because Kayla lacked self-confidence. However, this wasn't one of the characters I hated because of it, I actually like her for it. She tried to put herself out there in ways she knew to keep herself comfortable.

I laughed so much reading this book, especially with kissing scenes (if you'd read it, you know what I'm talking about)!

Overall, this was a sweet, and adorable book. I wouldn't necessarily say it is NA, more on the YA side, and I would have preferred to read more steamy scenes as well.


Grade: 9 and up
Ages: 15+

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Going on my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so funny you should definitely read it! i recommend it :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete