Wednesday 12 March 2014

Review: Ali's Pretty Little Lies (Pretty Little Liars #0.5) by Sara Shepard

14813667Title: Ali's Pretty Little Lies
Author: Sara Shepard
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 290
Series: Pretty Little Liars #0.5
Where I Got It: Chapters

Synopsis: Before there was A, there was Alison DiLaurentis. Boys wanted to date her, girls wanted to be her, and somebody wanted her dead...

It's the end of seventh grade, and Alison DiLaurentis and her friends are the girls of Rosewood Day. Ali runs her clique with an iron fist, and she's got enough dirt on Hanna, Emily, Aria, and Spencer to keep them in line. But Ali's hiding a dark secret of her own, something so huge it would destroy everything if it ever got out. She's desperate to keep the perfect life she's worked so hard to build, but in Rosewood deadly secrets have deadly consequences...

Set in the weeks leading up to Ali's murder, this special Pretty Little Liars tale is told by the prettiest little liar of all: Ali herself. For the first time ever, we see how the mystery began... and how Alison DiLaurentis's life ended.

Sara Shepard
Sara ShepardSara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.






Review

I read this book on February 8th 2013.


Wow. I mean, that's all I can say. I've read most of the other books, but I mean, this book was from Ali's point of view. It was amazingly written and I just couldn't put it down! 

I loved to see things from Ali's point of view which helped you see things the way you needed to, to help better understand her and why she acted the way she did in all the other books. I'm glad Sara wrote a book, a prequel and it makes me so happy, because this has got to be one of the best PLL books.

I recommend this book to Pretty Little Liars fans.

Grades: 10 and up
Ages: 14+

No comments:

Post a Comment