Thursday 19 March 2015

eARC Review: Changing Tides by Sarah Darlington

Changing Tides (Kill Devil Hills #2) by Sarah Darlington
Special thanks to the author for the ARC




SYNOPSIS
"Nate West. Hollywood bad-boy. Television megastar. Womanizer. Basically everything I hate about the male species rolled into one handsome package. And yet…I want him."

Ellie Turner is a lesbian. She has tattoos, short hair, and a ‘don’t-mess-with-me-attitude.’ She knows who she is, loves who she is, and couldn’t care less what the rest of the world thinks of her. And since she has the most kick-ass best friend on the planet, Noah Clark, even when family drama gets in the way, nothing can offset her happy-go-lucky demeanor.

Until television star Nate West comes along. All thick muscle and alpha-male testosterone. When Ellie meets him on an airplane the only thing Nate West should be good for is a brand new profile picture on Facebook. Right? Wrong. Turns out he’s good for so much more.

This man is going to flip everything Ellie thought she knew about herself upside down.

NA Romance. This novel is the second book in the Kill Devil Hills series, however it can be read as a standalone. Recommended for 18+ due to sexy scenes, explicit language, and adult themes.


SARAH DARLINGTON




Sarah Darlington lives in Virginia with her husband and son. She’s a former flight attendant, day-dreamer, traveler, wanderer, and wannabe photographer. She currently has two New Adult novels available, HE BELONGS WITH ME and KILL DEVIL HILLS. For info about new releases, subscribe to Sarah's Newsletter here.


Sarah Darlington Online:

REVIEW



My before thoughts:
February 2015
Oh yeah! Super excited!


I just want to read it, and hug it, and cuddle it!
Thank you Sarah!!!


After:
Where do I start? There was so much confusion in the beginning (for those of you who read it, you know what I mean). For all the books I've read by Sarah, it has been mostly a light romance that I could just fly through, but there was something about this one. most likely the seriousness; it wasn't to serious or anything, but it was just more heavy then Sarah's other books. I don't know why I feel it was heavier because looking back at reading it, it wasn't but I just found it harder to get through. But that's not the point. Once I got about 6% in, I couldn't stop reading. I stayed up all night reading until 3am when I was satisfied then... BAM! That excerpt from Rhett's story... gah! How can you be satisfied after that?!

Ellie's a lesbian in the start of the book and I've never really read a book like that so I thought I might be uncomfortable at first, but nothing in the story made me feel uncomfortable. I liked her character because she wouldn't just sit there and let people stomp all over her. It was a good change from some stories I've read where the heroine is a pushover. Ellie wasn't going to let people tell her what to do and I especially loved that part with the flight attendant.

Nate was interesting too. He was tired of the star life and I had expected that, but he seemed so desperate for Ellie and I found it quite humorous. It was funny seeing him run around trying to get her but at the same time she was doing the same. Sarah did a good job on not making the story seem like it was just Nate and Ellie; it had a lot of supporting characters that really tied the story together.

Basically, read this if you like New Adult. It isn't boring it has a backbone and that's why I keep coming back for Sarah's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment