Tuesday 29 October 2013

Review: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1) by Abbi Glines


The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)
Title: The Vincent Boys
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: October 12th 2011
Pages: 259
Series: The Vincent Boys #1
Where I Got It: Becca Kosonic

Synopsis: There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly?
Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.
Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.
Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist…




Abbi Glines
Abbi GlinesSince publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her most popular series to date, Rosemary Beach which includes The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, Forever Too Far, Twisted Perfection and Simple Perfection. Her newest book scheduled to be released on December 17th, 2013 is Misbehaving (Seabreeze).

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.
Review

I read this book on September 19th, 2013.




My first Abbi Glines book makes me want even more. This book was all kinds of steamy!
This was an interesting book. My definite favourite was Beau Vincent. Honestly, Sawyer kind of creeped me out so... yeah that's why I liked Beau better.
I found this book sweet and as soon as I started reading it I was hooked. It was so sweet and I love how Ashton and Beau went together. Ashton was with Sawyer acting shy and un-confident but with Beau she was herself. I liked that about her. Beau was very 'dangerous' (the bad boy type - that I love) and, for lack of a better term, a daredevil. He took life at the wheel and made his own decisions and, because of that, the town disliked him. Ash and Beau's story is sweet and leaves you wanting more.
There were a few grammar errors throughout the novel.
The thing I disliked about the book is it seems unrealistic. I mean, in real life, I don't think I would ever find someone like Beau Vincent really, but if I did, I would never let him go.
I recommend this for those who love romance and love-triangles.


Ages: 15+
Grades: 10 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment