Wednesday 12 March 2014

Review: Cross My Heart, Hope to Die (The Lying Game #5) by Sara Shepard

15716154
Title: Cross My Heart, Hope to Die
Author: Sara Shepard
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 321
Series: The Lying Game #5
Where I Got It: Chapters

Synopsis: When I died two months ago, my killer told my twin sister to become me—or else. Now Emma has it down to a T. She tosses her hair with the signature Sutton Mercer flip and can lead a Lying Game prank with the best of them. She’s even repairing my relationship with my adoptive family. The only thing she hasn’t done is solve my murder.

Then our birth mother, the woman who abandoned us, showed up in Tucson. Emma hasn’t seen Becky in twelve years, but Becky recognizes Emma immediately—as Emma. Is it a mother’s intuition . . . or does Becky know I’m already gone?


Sara Shepard
Sara ShepardSara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.






Review

I read this book on February 12th 2013.


I am so tired of these books continuing and continuing. I heard this was the last book in the series and now... wait what's that? Oh, another?! Joy! When I read this book, the entire time I wanted to rip my hair out.



Why is there more? I just don't get it! I am really really hating this. This book was annoying, because it was incredibly obvious what was going to happen and who the killer was. I just got through this book... by a thin little thread. With that, this book had it ups - wait not really. Sorry to Sara Shepard but her series go on for way to long and I'm sick of this. This series hopefully ends with the next one, but if it goes on as long as PLL them... I don't know.

Either way, the story line is making the book way to obvious and I didn't like the characters continuing. The characters seemed as if they didn't have more development and they continued more on the fact of the story making it have to little development in character.

Grades: 9 and up
Ages: 14+

No comments:

Post a Comment