Tuesday 29 October 2013

Review: Breathe (Sea Breeze #1) by Abbi Glines

Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
Title: Breathe
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: June 4th 2013 (May 16th 2011)
Pages: 333
Series: Sea Breeze #1
Where I Got It: Walmart

Synopsis: Sadie White’s summer job isn’t going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother’s increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother’s job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.
When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn’t spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.
Even though Sadie isn’t impressed by Jax’s fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationship’s never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more.
By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can’t breathe without Sadie.




Abbi Glines
Abbi GlinesSince publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her most popular series to date, Rosemary Beach which includes The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, Forever Too Far, Twisted Perfection and Simple Perfection. Her newest book scheduled to be released on December 17th, 2013 is Misbehaving (Seabreeze).

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.
Review

I read this book on July 19th, 2013.



Sadie and Jax is just the right thing to start out your summer with.

I really expected more out of this book. I knew that Jax and Sadie were in love the minute they met each other but, like every other book, on of them think they need to leave the other to "keep them safe". In this case, it was Jax. He wanted Sadie to not be in the spotlight like he always was.
I liked this book on very small terms. It was a sweet romance between two people from completely different worlds. Still, Sadie annoyed me beyond belief. She was just so "trusting" but when something happened in a magazine, she freaked.Jax was always leaving Sadie saying he "wasn't good enough for her". That annoyed me so much! I know some find it sweet, but if I was dating a guy and he said he wasn't good enough for me I could understand it, but if he kept on trying to leave me, I would just move on! Like, Sadie, he thinks he isn't good enough, tell him he is and MOVE ON!

Honestly, I love Abbi Glines, but this one was not one of my favourite by her. I wish I could have liked it a little more, but unfortunately, I couldn't.

I recommend this series to fans of romance/chick lit and Abbi Glines.

Ages: 16+
Grade: Grade 11 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment