Thursday 5 December 2013

Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

17334411Title: Hopeless
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: May 7th 2013 (December 17th 2012)
Pages: 406
Series: Hopeless #1
Where I Got It: Chapters

Synopsis: Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…


That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.
Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.
*Due to sexual content and heavy subject matter, this book is recommended for ages 17+*





Colleen Hoover

Colleen HooverI love music. LOVE music. Namely The Avett Brothers, Lumineers, Pink, Eminem. I have eclectic taste? If you have any recommendations, send them my way!

I'm addicted to diet pepsi and could tell you in a taste-test which restaurant it came from. It's a serious addiction, I tell you. 
I get stoked whenever I get a message from goodreads saying I have a new friend request...so request me, dangit! 
If you want to know when I have new books out or just want to be inundated by random, pointless blog posts, follow me at www.colleenhoover.com 
Avoid my Twitter at all cost. It's propaganda. 




Review

I read this book on December 5th 2013.


This is one of those rare books that make you want to forget the entire story, so that you can read it again.
This book made me want to cry, scream, yell, and cry some more. It also made me want to laugh, live, get up and dance, and just cheer Sky on. It was just phenomenally written. Hopeless tugs at your heart strings and doesn't let go until the final page.
Wow. There just aren't words to describe how I felt about this book. First of all, I actually wanted to cry for everything that happened to Sky and Dean in this book. That is very rare for me because I am very stoic. But this book was different. The way Colleen Hoover delivered this book was just a rare thing that you don't find in many authors. I was extremely surprised to see how much I liked her books. I adore Abbi Glines, and everyone told me that Colleen Hoover's writing was like Abbi Glines. Abbi writes light fluffs that I enjoy reading at any time, but this book was heavy. Like, as heavy as they come, and I just wanted to cry at every turn of the page.

It was told amazingly and I just never wanted it to end. I'm ecstatic to read the next book, Losing Hope told in Holder's point of view. However, I still can't say I love Holder. He was too creepy, and stalkerish. I can understand, but... not.

As I was reading, I realized that I'd never really read something like this except for the Fault in Our Stars by John Green. After I realized this, I also realized one other thing: I am in love with Colleen Hoover's books. I know I've only read one, but it's addicting to read and you just don't want to finish. You don't want to let go of the book, you just want it to keep going until the end of time.

In the beginning of the book her seemed a little intense but I totally understand now that I've finished this book.

A perfect ending for perfect book. I honestly don't think that I hated a single thing about this book. There were no petty problems, or arguments started by nothing between Sky and Holder. It was true to life and I am praising Colleen Hoover for this.

A fantastic and addicting read, you won't be able to put it down for even one second. In Hopeless three things will happen to you: you'll fall hopelessly in love with Dean Holder for caring more than anyone in the entire world; you'll see that Sky really has lived a hard life rather than most characters who say they had a hard life but had everything in front of you; finally, the second you start the book you'll be hopeless because it will be un-put-down-able.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy heavy set romance novels and don't mind staying up all night to finish them.
Rating: 9.1/10
Parental Rating: 17+
*Mature audiences due to sexual and heavy set content*

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book so much. I completely agree with wanting to forget the whole story so you could experience it for a first time again. So moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a truly amazing book I fell in love! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete