Saturday 7 December 2013

Jennifer L. Armentrout Interview

Question 1: How did you come up with the idea of Obsidian?  My editor approached me about writing a book about aliens in high school.  At first, I laughed at the suggestion, but then I came up with the characters of Katy and Daemon and their story.  I started writing and I wrote the first draft in a week.

Question 2: When you thought of Daemon and started writing him, when did you decide to make him the way he was? (Rude, arrogant, sweet). Did you consider making him a golden boy? I wrote White Hot Kiss, the first book in the Dark Elements series, before I wrote Obsidian.  Daemon’s character’s personality is loosely based on Roth from that series.  I think Daemon is really a toned down version of Roth.

Question 3: Do you ever base your characters off people you know?  I don’t usually base my characters on real people, but I do sometimes use the names of actual people. 

Question 4: Are you excited for the Lux series to end or do you wish it could last longer?  I’m excited because I want readers to get the final book in the series.  But, I love writing Katy and Daemon, so I will miss getting to write their characters and their story.

Question 5: What’s your favourite movie?  I really love zombie movies, but it’s hard to choose my favorite.

M&M’s or Skittles?  M&M’s

Day or Night? Night

Sunshine or Rain?  Sunshine

Bad boy or Golden boy? Bad boy

Chips or chocolate?  Chips

Sweet or sour?  Sour

Comedy or thriller?  Thriller

Walking Dead or Supernatural? Supernatural

No comments:

Post a Comment