Sunday 29 December 2013

Last Minute Read-a-thon Remembering 2013




Today's challenge is:

Remembering 2013: 


Answer the following...
1. Best Book of 2013
2. Worst Book of 2013
3. Favorite New Author
4. Book that surprised you
5. Book that disappointed you

1. Best Book of 2013

1609651417936300

Crush by Nicole Williams was my definite favourite book this year (other than Twisted Perfection). I loved the story and how in this final installment of the Crash series, we see Lucy and Jude all grown up.

Twisted Perfection was great. I loved Woods and Della together and adored their story. I'd read Abbi Glines first in 2012, but didn't read her again until 2013 and have read all of her other books except for her Existence series. I loved this one just as much as her others and more.

2. Worst Book of 2013
80675
I hated this book. I understand that people do this and it needs to be known but I didn't want to read all that stuff. And it was very obvious their relationship was nothing but physical. This book has ruined countless books for me and I just wish I could un-read it.

3. Favourite New Author
Nicole  Williams
Nicole Williams - AKA the author of all these amazing books I read this year. That includes Crush from above, and the Lost & Found series.

4. Book that surprised you
17526899
Fallen Too Far definitely surprised me, but in a great way! I loved this book and can not wait to read more Rush! I just found this book different from Abbi's other books and series.

5. Book that disappointed you
13065327
I loved Simone's other series, Perfect Chemistry... well I liked Perfect Chemistry. I didn't like Rules of Attraction much, but I liked it better than this one. I love football (playing not watching) and I understand that it might be hard for Ashtyn, but, I mean come on she isn't gonna be the ONLY girl in the sport. I just expected this book to be different.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of most of these, but have not read any of them. I will of course add your recommendations to my TBR, though!

    I can understand how you wouldn't like "Forever", by Judy Blume. I agree that reading about a purely physical relationship between a guy and a girl would not be pleasant at all. I'm a hopeless romantic, so I need to read about couples who are CRAZY about each other emotionally, not just sexually. And there needs to be an HEA, too -- with wedding bells ringing!!

    I'm surprised you didn't like "Wild Cards", since I've seen people on other blogs raving about it. But you never know until you actually read a book yourself. Hype is such a funny thing......some books that are really hyped up can turn out to be big duds.

    Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Wild Cards much, but I expected more because I loved Perfect Chemistry. I would still definitely recommend it because I know many people who would love it, I just found it very... unrealistic. I don't know why, but I'm weird like that, I guess.

      Delete