Monday 4 November 2013

Review: That Boy (That Boy #1) by Jillian Dodd

16168721Title: That Boy
Author: Jillian Dodd
Publisher: Bandit Publishing
Pages: 287
Release Date: September 27th 2012
Series: That Boy #1
Where I Got It: Library

Synopsis: That Boy is a contemporary romance about falling in love with the boys next door.

You know, being friends with two cute boys does have its benefits. 
There's Danny. Danny is a golden boy in every way. He has dreamy blue eyes and blonde hair that always looks perfect, even when it’s windblown or been stuck under a football helmet. He’s the boy every girl crushes on. The boy I get into trouble with, the boy I fight with, the hot quarterback no girl can resist, not even me. Being with Danny is like being on an adventure. He has a bright, contagious smile and abs to die for. He’s pretty much irresistible.
Equally crush worthy is Phillip. Adorable, sweet Phillip, who I have known since birth.  Phillip has dark hair, a perfect smile, brown eyes, and the sexiest voice I have ever heard. He’s the boy I talk to every night before I go to sleep. The boy who rescues me, the boy who can read my mind, the boy who is always there for me, the boy who tries to keep me out of trouble, the boy who irritatingly keeps getting hotter, and whose strong arms always seem to find their way around me.  And when he gives me that grin, I can never say no.
One boy will give me my very first kiss.One boy will teach me to make out.One boy will take me to prom.And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.They will both be my best friends.But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.Only one of them is That Boy.





Jillian Dodd
Jillian DoddHey everyone!! I'm Jillian Dodd, author of the That Boy series. That Boy and That Wedding. I'm working on a new series called The Keatyn Chronicles as well as plotting out That Baby. I love to read, love hanging out at goodreads, and love to talk to y'all!! 

I was lucky enough to find my own prince in college. We have two wonderful teenaged children, a Maltese named Sugar Bear and a new Lab puppy named Camber Lacey.
I have an active blog, which my daughter, Kenzie, helps me with. We'd love to have you visit us there. I am a big believer in giving back, so I donate a portion of my book sales to charity!!


Review

I read this book on September 28th 2013



Jillian Dodd gives you a book about friendship and love all in one journal.
I expected much more out of this book. It was, in one word, disappointing. I thought it would be more like The Vincent Boys but it wasn't and that upset me. I was recommended this book because of Abbi Glines books, but it wasn't like those books. This book was very difficult to follow because it went by year rather than dayMy low rating is definitely not expressing the way I really felt about the book which was I loved it. I was disappointed, but I actually really liked it. Philip was definitely swoon worthy, but the nice thing was, Danny was too! Both guys put up an amazing fight and it was hard for me to decide which one was, for lack of a better word (ok, there is one but...), hotter. I chose Phillip because he just did it for me. I've always liked the troublemaker better cause I'm one too and it is awesome getting in tons of trouble with someone.

But, nonetheless, I still enjoyed reading this book. It was a book I enjoyed reading and thought it was definitely worth the read. 

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy romance and "falling in love with the boy next door."

Ages: 15+
Grades: 10 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment