Saturday 16 November 2013

Review: Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1, Rosemary Beach #3) by Abbi Glines

17936300Title: Twisted Perfection
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Atria Books
Pages: 247
Release Date: July 30th 2013 (April 24th 2013)
Series: Perfection #1, Rosemary Beach #3
Where I Got It: Early Birthday Gift
Synopsis: Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren't something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn't in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn't know how to pump gas and needed some help.What he didn't know was she was as fragile as they came.The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn't care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…



Abbi Glines
Abbi GlinesSince publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her most popular series to date, Rosemary Beach which includes The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, Forever Too Far, Twisted Perfection and Simple Perfection. Her newest book scheduled to be released on December 17th, 2013 is Misbehaving (Seabreeze).

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.



Review

I read this book on November 16th 2013



This book could be described in one word: addicting.

This book was a gift for my birthday from my friend and since she got it in the mail before my birthday, she gave it to me early! (That makes me really happy)
Woods was another great and swoon-worthy character written by Abbi Glines. I imagined him just the way the cover is and I loved that! Della was a girl who felt as if she didn't really belong anywhere. She was always in her house when she was younger and decided, now that she's older, that she was going explore the world. She decides that she needs to become more open and get to know people. After a one-night stand (with Woods), she thinks she'll never see him again. Little did she know that a few years later he would be her boss.Woods is being forced to do things he doesn't want to do, including almost marrying a girl he doesn't love. But when he meets Della Sloane, everything changes.I'll admit, I didn't expect this book to be so... heavy. I'm not saying it is a heavy read but I expected a light fluff, kind of like Abbi's other books. But I'm happy that this book was different than her other ones, rather than the same story line (bad boy, good girl) with different characters. Della was different than Abbi's usual girl characters and I liked that. A great cliff hanger as well. Can not wait for the next one, Simple Perfection.
I think this book was actually a little to addicting, but that's exactly what I want in a book. It definitely held my attention throughout the entire thing. I honestly couldn't put it down to even go to the washroom.
I recommend this book to readers who enjoy Abbi Glines books and who enjoy contemporary romance. If you like Abbi Glines, your sure to love this one!

Ages: 16+
Grades: 11 and up

*This is for mature readers

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but I have heard really good things about it definitely want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love loved it! It probably would have gotten 5 stars, but the ending was a cliff hanger! I was like, WHAT?! I recommend it to you, especially if you love Abbi!

      Delete